Read about Fully Funded International PhD Scholarships at Trinity College Dublin Ireland
International PhD Scholarships at Trinity College Dublin Ireland
Trinity College is the only constituent college associated with the University of Dublin. The college is currently based in Dublin, Ireland. The college was founded in 1592 and is amongst one of the oldest colleges in the world. The Trinity College sees an annual enrollment of over 16,600 students.
International PhD Scholarships with the Department of Natural Sciences
The Trinity College is pleased to announce the availability of five PhD scholarships all delivered through the Department of Natural Sciences at Trinity College. All of the below named research projects attached to these PhD scholarships do have deadlines of the 28th of January. The applicants that are chosen for these programs should be ready to commence studies in the beginning of October.
- Geography of Finances
- Geomorphology of Earth and Mars
- Global Changes and Ecosystem Stability
- Discovery and Phylogeny of Plant Species Located in SE Asia
- The Role of Living Labs in Supporting Sustainable Household Behavioral Changes
Each of the above named PhD scholarships offer PhD scholarships that are fully funded. This means that the scholarship pays for tuition at the domestic student tuition rate as well as allows for a generous stipend in the amount of €16,000 to be paid annually. International applicants are still eligible for consideration if they can demonstrate their ability to cover the difference between the domestic and the international tuition rate.
These PhD scholarships are intended to last for a maximum duration of four years in a full time study session.
Requirements for Consideration:
- The applicant must have obtained a first class or upper second class degree with honours in a subject field that closely relates to the research topic they are wishing to pursue.
- The applicant has to accept a place of study at the Trinity College.
- International applicants who do not speak English as their first language are required to submit language assessment scores. The most commonly acceptable test for this is the IELTS.
- The applicant must provide at least two academic references.
- The applicant is required to conduct a short personal statement or personal essay that illustrates the importance of this program to them as well as their motivations for joining the program. It should also illustrate how they believe they will be able to positively contribute to the project as a whole.
- The applicant must submit a research proposal for consideration. The proposal should clearly show where the applicant has experienced previous work or research experience as well as provide an outline detailing how they prospect their doctoral studies to go.
- The applicant is mandated to provide all previous academic transcripts as well as an up to date CV or resume illustrating their past educational and research experience.
Each of these International PhD Scholarships have their own additional guidelines and requirements. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they are in compliance with the rules and regulations for both the university as well as the individual research project they are wishing to be considered for.