Read about 8 Fully Funded International PhD Scholarships at Bournemouth University UK
International PhD Scholarships at Bournemouth University UK
The Bournemouth University is a public university located in Bournemouth, England though the main campus of the university is located in Poole. The university was founded in 1992 and is considered one of the newer universities. The Bournemouth University sees an annual enrollment of over 16,600 students.
International PhD Scholarships – Details
The Bournemouth University is pleased to announce the availability of eight PhD scholarships through three different academic departments.
The School of Health and Social Care:
This department is offering one PhD scholarship for qualified applicants. The research project attached to the scholarship is:
- Development of Effective Models for Leadership in Supporting Integrated Care: Deadline 21st of July
The Media School: This department is offering three PhD scholarships for qualified applicants. The research projects attached to these scholarships are:
- Virtual Assistant: Deadline 31st of July
- Wireframe Controlling for Skin Deformations in Animation: Deadline 31st of July
- 3D Editing Facial Expressions: Deadline 9th of July
The Faculty of Science and Technology: This department is offering the last four out of the original eight PhD scholarships. The research projects attached to these PhD scholarships are:
- Significance of River Regulation for Movement and Ecology of Riverine Fish: Deadline 7th of July.
- Enhanced Rehabilitation for Upper Limb Post-Stroke Using Virtual Realities and FES: Deadline 30th of July.
- Hydraulic Control Research and Development with Wide Range Applications: Deadline 30th of July.
- Developing and Researching New Concepts for Electronic Controls for Hydraulic Systems: Deadline 30th of July.
Each of the above named PhD scholarships offer PhD scholarships that are fully funded. This means that the scholarship pays for tuition at the domestic student tuition rate as well as allows for a generous stipend in the amount of €14,000 to be paid annually. International applicants are still eligible for consideration if they can demonstrate their ability to cover the difference between the domestic and the international tuition rate.
These PhD scholarships are intended to last for a maximum duration of three years in a full time study session.
International PhD Scholarships – Requirements:
- The applicant must have obtained a first class or upper second class degree with honours in a subject field that closely relates to the research topic they are wishing to pursue.
- International applicants who do not speak English as their first language are required to submit language assessment scores. The most commonly acceptable test for this is the IELTS.
- The applicant must provide at least two academic references.
- The applicant is required to conduct a short personal statement or personal essay that illustrates the importance of this program to them as well as their motivations for joining the program. It should also illustrate how they believe they will be able to positively contribute to the project as a whole.
- The applicant of these International PhD Scholarships must submit a research proposal for consideration. The proposal should clearly show where the applicant has experienced previous work or research experience as well as provide an outline detailing how they prospect their doctoral studies to go.